Our Flat PLA Lid with Straw slot – Fits 500ml PLA Cup is made from 100% renewable sources (in fact, they’re made from the waste products of other industries), and degrades within 90 days in a commercial composting facility. PLA is:
- 100% suitable for food use.
- Derived from corn which is a renewable resource
- PLA products are compostable in industrial composting facilities
- PLA is cost competitive with regular petroleum-based resins such as PET and most likely cost advantaged in the future given rising petroleum prices
- Producing PLA uses 65% less energy than producing conventional plastics
- Producing PLA creates 68% fewer greenhouse gases than producing conventional plastics
- PLA contains no toxins. this product has no effects on the flavours of the food (fewer indeed, we believe, than the non-renewable alternatives available).
Please note that PLA-based packaging (such as this product) are not intended for high temperatures and as such as not suitable for microwave or oven use.
Please call us for bulk pricing.