Our 250ml Enviro Bowl CPLA Lid is made from 100% renewable sources (in fact, they’re made from the waste products of other industries), and degrades within 90 days in a commercial composting facility. This lid works with our 250ml Enviro Bowl. PLA is:
- 100% suitable for food use.
- CPLA is made by copolymerising lactide (made by fermenting cornstarch, cheese whey, etc.) with aliphatic polyester (e.g dicarboxylic acid or glycol made from fermentation of glycerol). All are renewable resources
- PLA products are compostable in industrial composting facilities
- CPLA is a combination of PLA, chalk and other biodegradable additives and can withstand temperatures of up to 95°C without deforming. It is opaque in colour
- CPLA contains no toxins. this product has no effects on the flavours of the food (fewer indeed, we believe, than the non-renewable alternatives available).
Please note that PLA-based packaging (such as this product) are not intended for high temperatures and as such as not suitable for microwave or oven use.
Please call us for bulk pricing.